A place to discuss privacy and freedom in the digital world.
Privacy has become a very important issue in modern society, with companies and governments constantly abusing their power, more and more people are waking up to the importance of digital privacy.
In this community everyone is welcome to post links and discuss topics related to privacy.
- Posting a link to a website containing tracking isn’t great, if contents of the website are behind a paywall maybe copy them into the post
- Don’t promote proprietary software
- Try to keep things on topic
- If you have a question, please try searching for previous discussions, maybe it has already been answered
- Reposts are fine, but should have at least a couple of weeks in between so that the post can reach a new audience
- Be nice :)
much thanks to @gary_host_laptop for the logo design :)
- 0 users online
- 1 user / day
- 1 user / week
- 1 user / month
- 1 user / 6 months
- 0 subscribers
- 277 Posts
- 872 Comments
Sorry i think you misunderstood me, and i meant no insult. I meant we other Lemmy users who are not in your brain need additional context/info to understand the matter.
So to be clear i was not attacking/diminishing you in any way (or at least did not intend to) and you do not have justify your involvement. Still, thank you for taking part in privacy struggles.
If you have been a privacy enthusiast and use Reddit, Lemmy, Telegram and other stuff for it, the documented writeup might be a good way to learn about things. We can disagree on political stuff all day, but you will find this very interesting.
There is also a section where one of the Reddit power mods admittedly want Lemmy to stay obscure.
I read it when you previously published it, and i’m personally not a fan of GrapheneOS approach. I was just pointing out posts on /c/privacy should be understandable by people passing by who don’t know the whole story, and that you could make a /c/graphenelies community dedicated to this particular story, where no additional context would be required in a post.
Fun fun fun :)