TL;DW: the artists get into the genre due to its democratized field with no commercial interests; the listeners get in because of its vast music flavors, nostalgic feeling, and (quite clearly) its slow tempo.
* [Does MSG make people thirsty? - Reddit AskCulinary (one paper attached on the top comment)](https://www.reddit.com/r/AskCulinary/comments/eybnax/does_msg_make_people_thirsty/)
* [Does MSG cause headaches?](https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/msg-headache)
* [Basic taste are anything but basic](https://sites.psu.edu/psychedaboutfoodscience/2016/03/11/basic-tastes/)
I feel very difficult about this topic, since many of LGBT members (at least in my home country) seem to smoke or vape (and by default I as a non-smoker tend to avoid smokers due to second-hand exposure).
Two theories provided:
* Hygiene hypothesis to explain how allergy goes widespread
In industrialized areas, higher cleanliness may induce hypersensitivity to allergens. A study reveals that interactions between parasyte worms, commensal bacteria and immune system could give explanation of how the hypothesis works.
* Toxin hypothesis to explain how allergy arises in the first place
Allergy is an evolutionary result of combating natural toxins.